Things to do in Ft Myers/Cape Coral
- LAKES PARK: Lakes Park, owned and operated by Lee County Parks & Recreation, encompasses nearly 300 acres of beautiful nature trails, lakes and gardens. Visitors can relax, exercise and explore at Lakes Park with several miles of paved and unpaved trails, boardwalks, canoeing and kayaking, fishing, picnicking, bird watching, and gardens. Lakes Park offers two playgrounds and water parks, a miniature train, railroad museum and concession facilities with food sales, bike and watercraft rentals. Every year, more than 800,000 people enjoy Lakes Park’s natural beauty for exercise and family recreation.
- FT MYERS BEACH: Heaped with sugar-sand, Fort Myers Beach is a popular destination for visitors eager to engage in watersports such as parasailing and kayaking – or just as eager to simply relax on the inviting beach. Fort Myers Beach sits on a little barrier island, about seven miles long, and the beach is fabulous – wide, gradually sloping, and thick with the area's justifiably famed sugar-sand. Fort Myers Beach has accommodations in all price ranges and lots to do. You can go parasailing or on a dolphin eco-tour via waverunner, or on a fishing charter. Special bonus: Just off the coast of Fort Myers Beach and easy to reach are the islands of Sanibel and Captiva.
- EDISON FORD WINTER ESTATES: The Edison and Ford Winter Estates contain a historical museum and 21 acre botanical garden on the adjacent sites of the winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford beside the Caloosahatchee River in southwestern Florida. It is located at 2350 McGregor Boulevard, Fort Myers, Florida.
- BARBARA MANN PERFORMING ARTS HALL: Musicals, symphonies & other events are featured at this Edison State College performing arts hall.
- BROADWAY PALM THEATRE: The Prather family, Tom, Deborah, David and Will, are a true theatrical family that has produced quality theatre for more than 45 years. The Prathers bring years of expertise to each production and are known for creating a comfortable, but luxurious ambiance in each of their theaters.
- SUNSPLASH FAMILY WATERPARK: Enjoy 14-acres of water slides, pools and fun at Southwest Florida’s largest waterpark. Relax on our gently drifting Main Stream River Tube Ride. Thrill at the high-speed excitement of such scream-worthy slides as the Cape Fear, Fun-L-Tunnel, Zoom Flume and 457-foot Electric Slide & Power Surge. Free fall 5 1/2 stories down three distinctly different speed slides – the Thunder Bump, Terror Tube, and X-celerator. Let the little ones frolic at our Pirate’s Cove, grab a summertime snack at the Calypso Café or simply soak up the sun in a lounge chair poolside—there’s fun for everyone! No matter what kind of water activities you enjoy, Sun Splash Family Waterpark is the perfect place to splash all summer-long.
- Holiday Sights: Holiday Nights is set for Nov. 23 - Dec. 30 at the Edison & Ford Winter Estates.
- Jazzy Christmas: Friends perform holiday selections at 7 pm at Artis-Naples.
- Alley-Oop: The Harlem Globetrotters Dec. 9th, 4 pm @ Hertz Arena
- 45th Annual Christmas Walk & Tree Lighting Ceremony: December 7th 5 pm to 8:30 pm